Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Right There with You (With You #1) & Stronger with You (With You #2) by R.J. Sable

Right There with You (With You, #1)Jamie-Lea Carter has been living under the thumb of her older brothers for eighteen years. Having finally moved out to start her new life as a university student she tries to faithfully follow the strictly ordered life they've lain out for her. These rules haven't been an issue for her before because she knows she owes them everything. More than any sibling can ever owe. 

She dutifully follows these rules until she meets Jason Reed and the biggest one becomes a problem. No boyfriends. Torn between her loyalty to her brothers and the sizzling attraction to the intriguing ladies' man, Jamie-Lea finds herself on dangerous standings with her overbearing and somewhat aggressive brothers.

Jason Reed isn't intimidated by the Carters. He knows what he wants the moment he sees it and nothing is going to come between him and the girl he never expected to fall for.

With the odds stacked against them, where will this forbidden romance take them?

REVIEW: ***

I am not really sure I liked this book. I kept reading, but there were many times I just wanted to toss it in the trash. I really did not like the heroine in this one. She had no backbone whatsoever and I kept waiting for her not to be so stupid. The Hero was great though. 

The abuse of the heroine by her brothers was something I really, really hated. Not sure how anyone can think they are hero's and can't wait for their books - anyone who would abuse a child or a woman is no hero in my book. I understand why the heroine was wimpy, but at the same time I really wish she had learned how WRONG it was for her brothers to treat her that way and stand up for herself. 

Anyway the book WAS well written, its the storyline itself I wasn't crazy about. But the author does know how to write and I would like to read more from her in the future.


Stronger with You (With You #2)

Stronger with You (With You, #2)Jamie-Lea CArter and Jason Reed have been through the mill. Jason has been there for her in every way he could be. After a tough start to her life at university, Jamie-Lea is only now coming to realise who she really is. She makes a resolution not to let herself get pushed around as much but that's easier said than done as part of the Carter family.
Guilt still plagues her for everything that her family has been through but, with Jason's support, she's growing stronger in more ways than one. She loves her brothers whole-heartedly but deep down she knows things aren't right and never really have been. What has to give for something to change? 

REVIEW: ****
The author is a great writer..drags you right into the story. I still am not crazy about the characters in this book. I think abuse of any kind is reprehensible and I don't understand why the main heroin can't see what was done to her as abuse. But at least she started to stand up for herself a bit in this one. Made it much easier to read. 

The author sent me an advanced copy of this book, but it took me a while to actually read it..I had a hard time with the first book since I could not relate well to the characters, but as promised I did read it and liked this one much better than the first. Hopefully the next will be even better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment