Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Cemetery Girl by David J. Bell

Cemetery GirlFour years after Tom and Abby's 12-year-old daughter vanishes, she is found alive but strangely calm. When the teen refuses to testify against the man connected to her disappearance, Tom decides to investigate the traumatizing case on his own. Nothing can prepare him for what he is about to discover.

REVIEW: ****


This was a first read giveaway from Goodreads. It was a very well written book, given from the father's perspective which is unusual in this type of book. I liked it very much. However I had a hard time being comfortable with the book. the whole premise twists me up a bit being a mother of two small boys. Just the thought of what a parent goes through when something like this happens is enough to make me feel ill. 

It raised a lot of "what if" type of questions in my mind that were not comfortable, but the story itself was well written, grabbed me from the first page and kept me reading it very quickly - basically in one day. Highly recommend this book, but don't expect it to be comfortable, just good.

No comments:

Post a Comment