Monday, April 27, 2015

His Proposed Deal by Sandi Lynn

His Proposed DealTHREE MONTHS. IT WAS ONLY FOR THREE MONTHS.
My name is Emma Knight and I’m a twenty-four-year-old woman who was moving from Miami to New York to pursue my dream of attending Parsons School of Design. My plan was set in motion. I was packed and already on my way when I met a man and received an email, both of which altered my plans and changed the course of my life.
Max Hamilton, a twenty-five-year-old, panty-melting, rich playboy who was being groomed to take over Hamilton Securities, told me it was for only three months. His proposed deal was that I had to pose as his fiancée until his twenty-sixth birthday so he could collect his trust fund. I’d help him and, in return, he’d help me achieve my dream. It was a win-win situation, right? 
WRONG.
Love was never part of the deal and neither was the secret that Max could never find out about.


REVIEW: **

I am not a big fan of this book. It felt totally unemotional. I could not really get into the characters - any of them - at all. It felt forced, not free flowing. I think it was the way the author wrote...it felt more like a teenager writing than an adult. It was choppy at times and very basic. Even the sex scenes were not all that sexy. I got no real feeling of connection between the two and there was no real tension (either sexual or otherwise) in the book. 

I have no idea how one author can evoke multiple emotions out of a reader and another one can hardly stir up an interest in a character. Its not my thing since I am not an author, but this book fell flat. Even the issue at the end (I don't want to spoil it) but that evoked no tears, worry, tension etc. I really just did not care too much what happened. 


Book completed: 04-27-2015

No comments:

Post a Comment