Monday, April 27, 2015

Chubby Chaser by Kahoko Yamada

Chubby ChaserSara Krason, still reeling from the loss of her mother and still suffering from the psychological scars caused by her classmates bullying her over her weight, just wants to finish her last year of high school in peace, but that is made impossible when she starts tutoring Jason Pruitt, an arrogant, handsome high-school football star, who, unbeknownst to her, has made a bet with his friends that he can win her affections, the shrewish, homely, overweight girl no one at school likes.


REVIEW: *

I did not really like this book at all. It was billed as a romance...or at least the blurb implied it would be a YA romance..even the title implicates it was. But THIS IS NOT A ROMANCE by any means so if thats what you are looking for then do not read this book. The characters were horrible people. Arrogant, Cruel, nasty, bullies etc. If I went to a high school like this I think I would have quit. This story is more of what happens to someone when they are bullied and harrassed for years. It is violent, very sexual in nature and not recommended for anyone under 18. Personally I don't recommend this to anyone.

I noticed that there is now a warning on the Goodreads site about this book not being a romance.  (WARNING: This is not a romance novel. It is a young-adult tragedy. There is mature content (sex and violence). Reader discretion is advised. )  

I wish that warning was there BEFORE I picked this one up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment