Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Starship's Mage: Omnibus (Starship’s Mage #1) by Glynn Stewart (****)


23848809In a galaxy tied together by the magic of the elite Jump Magi, Damien Montgomery is a newly graduated member of their number.

With no family or connections to find a ship, he is forced to service on an interstellar freighter known to be hunted by pirates.

When he takes drastic action to save the "Blue Jay" from their pursuers, he sets in motion a sequence of events beyond his control - and attracts enemies on both sides of the law!

Starship's Mage was originally released as five separate episodes.
 



REVIEW: ****
This was surprisingly good! It did not sound like something I would want to read....but it kept coming up on all my recommendations screens and since it was in amazon unlimited I decided to give it a go. And I was immediately sucked into the story. It was well done...mixing magic and science fiction would be hard to do I think but this author managed it wonderfully. The characters were interesting, well fleshed out and I kept wanting to read when the book ended. I looked it up and found three more in this series so I downloaded them all. Book two did not disappoint either and I am continuing right along. I recommend this for any sci if fan...even if it seems unbelievable to mix in magic. It works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment